Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Roses

Two scans from the altered book page I did today. The book had the word "Rose", so of course, I couldn't resist!
The word "garden" is also in the text.








I made a machine stitched pink tagboard envelope, then attached it with a ribbon between the pages to hold a bouquet of roses for the book's owner.

This is a scan of the double page without the hanging envelope. It is all about gardens and roses with a chair and some birds and china in there too! I am just so literal sometimes....the green filigree background is a rubber stamp.

4 comments:

gma said...

These pages are fabulous. Roses, sheet music and birdhouses...all expertly arranged. Yum!

Julie said...

I am very literal too. Your "literal" pages are glorious. I love those rioting, rampant, rambunctious roses!!!

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

so very pretty!

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

i took a picture of this page when i saw it. It is lovely!