Sunday, March 28, 2010

Round Robin " Art Saves"-- Susie's journal

In this round robin, we do one page in each journal when it comes to us.
Today, I made this page with a watercolor paper collage underneath an overlay of golden chiffon. Using golden thread, I free motion quilted through all the layers. As I did this, I added copper metallic rick rack and some boucle yarn. Then I added two more images on top, a stamp from Italy and a candle in a yellow cup and saucer.

This page will be placed next to Susie's page which says, "live your dream" ...
And...OH YES. I did sign my page after the photo was taken! LOL!

4 comments:

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Lila, I did giggle when you say about signing your page
i know i keep saying that: don't forget to sign your page BUT it is so true we tend to forget to sign for some strange reason
I love this!!!
i played with Ileana's journal and with another journal too
oh how much i love this!!!!
i think it is because i know other people will discover it in their mailbox and will make them happy, because they surely make me super happy
wonderful page Lila!!

Doe Grozs Art said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! I love the feel to it emotionally and can't wait to feel it physically!
I am soooo glad to be playing with this group :-)

shari said...

beautiful page, Lila! i really, really like it. it has a feeling of comfort to it, as well as a beauty that reaches out to touch you... aren't we having fun?!!!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous, Lila! I just love the golden threads sparkling troughout! How did you get that to show up so nicely in the photos? Can't wait to see this in person.