Thursday, July 30, 2009

Must have...collage bookmark

Often when I'm reading a book which I like, I feel that I need to make an image to complement to story.
Today I am reading this mystery. It features one of my totem images, a crow or blackbird.


This morning while checking on my little garden, I found the small black feather. (It has purple highlights). So I brought it in and went through my collage materials to see what I could do for a bookmark. Corrugated cardboard and a short purple ribbon for a start. I used craft glue and attached the feather.

Now to decorate the reverse, smooth side...I found a small etching of a birds, a stamp with a woman's head, and two rubber stamps to use. The first is the silhouette of the crow, the other parts of a woman's face.
Now, I can get back to the story, and I'll have a great bookmark to keep me on the right page!


2 comments:

Artsy Craftery Design Studio said...

Lovely story of art melding with life. It doesn't have to take weeks and months to create art, does it. It can, but doesn't need to in order to be good art.

Jeanie said...

Hi, Lila,

Thanks for visiting my blog! (I wonder if Janet put the right URL -- she was going to link to the collage post on The Marmelade Gypsy, but I wonder if she put Chopsticks instead?) Anyway, I love mysteries, too, and have a couple more to write about in another 100 or so pages!

Your blog is absolutely lovely! I'm glad you came over, for I will be back!