Monday, October 06, 2008

Fireside dreams

This is my entry in the "Fire Fancies" art challenge.
[Click to enlarge the photo!]


The challenge was to look at this painting (below) of a young girl in front of a cozy fire and to imagine what she might be dreaming about. I think she would like travel and adventure with possible romantic involvement. I see her as a redhead, not just from the fire's glow, she will grow up to be a beauty. Maybe she is dreaming of dancing shoes, a horse to ride in the moonlight, a magnificent large home with rich furnishings and a long life to enjoy it all and share with those she loves.



Check with Julie (Vote here, Julie's blog!!!!)or Mary to see more entries. But please, VOTE for MINE!!!!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Have your friends vote on MY (or Mary's) blog the day we post all the entries (or the days afterward until the deadline).

If they enter on the individual's blogs, I won't know about it.

I'm so glad you entered. I have three entries so far. Hope people are waiting to enter closer to the deadline.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I am voting for you, Gemma and Julie, LOL
hugs!
I am confused with your birthday, I thought was Today ok but until the 15 it says in your post, LOL
confused me...

gma said...

Hi Lila
Happy Birthday to your Mom! Hope you are enjoying your time together. Hope our girl in "Fire Fancies" realizes all of your lovely fireside dreams.
(Mine is full of angst...So I'm glad yours is positive!!!)
HAve fun!!!