Friday, July 11, 2008

Altered book page and Early morning wet hair sketch

My altered book, "The daughter of time", this page is called "I am powerful and protected". I used fabric scraps and magazine clippings as well as clip art.



The words of the book's text left showing are "...eyes glowing with pleasure".."alive and well and prosperous" and "fun and games". It always amazes me what can be found in the words on the page!

********************************************************************

Week 2 of my "self-portrait every week".....done just now with towel-dried hair and no contact lenses in yet....now to get some collage "work" (play) done for the day...will post it here later. ("Later": that's it above!)



2 comments:

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

i love the title "the daughter of time"
muy bien!!! (very good)
in my last book, I started using fabric scraps too and love it
I also incorporated a couple of new techniques i saw online and i am super pleased for sure.
I got Gemma's now, for some reason drawings and doodles it is coming from my hands and head, go figure why
Thank you for these pages dear Lila!
I love your drawing as well.
I am considering a class online about drawing faces, i really want to do this.

Joy Logan said...

LOL the wet hair sketch! I am beyond hooked on altered book journaling.