Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Visual journal pages

Here we have my "day off today" page...the clock a favorite motif, and unstructured time is a challenge on a true day off. I did 2 chores...made the bed, and boiled eggs for dying. No chocolate bunnies for me..it must be very dark chocolate these days. Coffee and blogging research on the sun/moon sign combination. The round grapefruit is reminescent of the moon and of the clock and besides, it is a fantastic color!!!!







This is a playful page, not polished, just pasted...wrapping paper scrap from trash bin at the department store where I work...article on natural dyes for eggs and some of my china.
































These are 2 pages I have worked on lately...I must say doing a blog uses much the same creative energy as doing visual journals.




The first is a dream of a sunny breakfast nook with colors inspired by Monets' kitchen...I have collected yellow china to give this look to the blue wall in my nook!




the second page has my new "indigo" watercolor tube paint floating around to make a night sky....and a sketch of a hare as I have recently learned that the folklore of hares is related to moon mythology.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All of the pages are great. Never knew the moon and hare were related in mythology.