Thursday, February 01, 2007

Two new dolls





These two dolls are just finished.
Busy Bee has the wildest life you can imagine! She never stops, she wears her heart on her sleeve...she is the Queen of everything and the Princess of Quite a Lot!!!!! (Which in her case is probably too much!) The bird's nest in her hair represents all of the future ideas waiting to hatch! She collects things, loves color, art supplies, sewing...anything creative! I know her very well because I am a lot like that!Her handknit sweater is a "coat of many colors" because she just can't decide which color she likes! She has sparkly aqua sequins for eyes and pink star-flower earrings.
Her striped and polkadot body is stuffed with polyfil and SAGE (for clear thinking).

The Blue moon faced doll is a contemplative crone. She is centuries old and holds deep wisdom...much of it intuitive.... the pearl she holds represents that wisdom, and the amethyst on her forehead (a 3rd eye...or the one-eyed crone?) will help her to be calm and centered. Her clothes and body are blue...midnight , royal, indigo the satin skirt has a dusting of celestial stars and the overskirt represents mists that sometimes cloud our understanding. She wears an indigo handknit sweater because knitting is an ancient art and helps to calm and "center" the knitter. Her body is stuffed with polyfil and lavendar for peace and calm. She is what I hope to grow into!

5 comments:

Niki Fretwell said...

I can certainly relate to Busy Bee....she even has my hair!!

Lila Rostenberg said...

Yes! I think there are a lot of us on her wave-length! Ha1 Ha!

Sandi said...

No matter what I do, my hair always goes back to a straight, sleek "bob". I've always wanted wild red hair! Love your dolls. Can't wait to have one in person in the doll swap
Sandi

A bird in the hand said...

I do love your dolls, they're different....and of course I adore the redhead's "hat" - *wink*

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Beautiful Lila!!!